Senior Cost Accountant/Cost Accounting Manager
Founded in 1995, AC Photonics, Inc. (“ACP”) is an established, quality provider of critical fiberoptic components and modules. Its products are ISO 9001:2015 certified and Telcordia GR-1209/1221 compliant, and ACP offers valuable solutions for a wide range of customers seeking precision optical and fiberoptic technology. Products include switches, DWDMs, CWDMs, isolators, couplers/WDMs, attenuators, collimators, pigtails, lenses, prisms, mirrors, and achromats, among others.
We are looking to add a senior cost accountant/cost accounting manager. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
•Own the monthly close for inventory and COGS
•Work with operations on monthly inventory counts and reconciliations
•Work with overseas factories on monthly consignment inventory reconciliations
•Work with QA on RMAs
•Work with purchasing on item cost updates in the system
•Play a critical role in new MRP system implementation and work with operations on item master lists and BOM structure, ensuring accuracy in inventory flow and costing
•Key contact for auditor on inventory and COGS audit
•Various other ad hoc accounting projects and duties
The candidate should have a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business with a minimum of 8 years in cost accounting, ideally in an electronics manufacturing environment. S/He is proficient in costing BOMs and operational flow in an ERP system. Good communications skills and a spirit supporting great teamwork are required. Well versed in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), with great attention to detail and accuracy.
Senior Quality Engineer
experience with quality and process audits is required, both internally
and on suppliers, and work with them to address any issues found.
familiar with Telcordia GR-1209 and GR-1221 and related industry standards
and manage the use of Statistical Process Control (SPC) in a continuous
and implement plan on IQC and OQA
the Corrective and Preventive Action processes
with ISO 9001:2000 and system audit is a plus.
years of quality related working experience in the field of fiber optics
take a lead role in developing Bio/Medical/Industrial sensor products
based on fiber optics and/or other technologies. Extensive knowledge
and experience of sensor products is required. Duties include sensor
conception, design, prototype and development. Being able to design
the electronics used in the sensors is a plus.
Require: MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics or
related fields. PhD preferred.
Define experimental methods and conduct research to determine the technical feasibility of materials for new fiber optic components and modules from the conceptual stage to the development of the new products, processes and testing methods. Observe the structure and properties of matter, and identify the basic principles governing these phenomena; develop theories and laws on the basis of observation and experiments, and apply these theories and laws to resolve problems encountered in the design or manufacturing of fiber optic components and modules and to write technical reports that detail methods and findings. Define new products and convert the specifications into detailed engineering document for the design and manufacturing of laser crystals, high-precision optics, and electro-optic devices such as fiber optics isolators, collimators, circulators and wavelength division multiplexer (WDM). Conduct high-precision scientific measurement and analysis and qualify the products.
Require: Ph.D. degree in Materials Science and Engineering, Photonics, Physics, or Electrical Engineering with research focus in optics, including optical multicast fibre links, photodiodes, and short wavelength fibre links and polymer fibre links.
develop new sales accounts and manage existing accounts. Effective communication
skills in English required. Sales experience in fiberoptics preferred.
Primary responsibilities include establishing and maintaining MRP demand schedules; to generate weekly buy report, to include placing and expediting orders from raw materials to sub-assembly inventory; to issue work orders to support Production Schedule; to interact with Sales, Engineering, Supply Chain Mgmt, production, and suppliers enabling maximize labor & material utilization. Also coordinates supplier survey & evaluation and inventory management activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, and are not limited to, the followings:
• Establishes and maintains production, material, inventory and purchase plan to support demand schedule
• Perform finite capacity scheduling (MRP run), including level load and lead time
• Issue work orders, monitors WIP queues and analyzes feedback from the production and takes corrective action as required
• Reviews and maintains master data (item master, BOMs, etc.) integrity of assigned product line(s)
• Provides input to Strategic Purchasing for long and short term contracts
• Executes replenishment orders and changes based on MRP/schedule
• Maintains open line of communication with suppliers to ensure on time delivery
• Coordinate and act on material shortage issues and provide status of availability dates
• Monitors discrepant inventory and takes corrective action as required
• Insures availability of purchased materials necessary to support the production plan
• Develop and maintain inventory projections and supplier forecasts for assigned materials
• Perform inventory count, month-end, quarter-end, year-end etc…
• Assists and/or executes the production schedule activities related to new product launches
• Report excess material, PPV, NRE and purchasing related activities, etc…
• Participates in improvement projects and events aimed at reducing costs, inventory reduction, lead-time reduction, etc
• Assists in the development of Production and Inventory Control (PIC) programs, policies, and plans
SCOPE OF POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES:
For Supervision: No supervisory duties required.
LIMITS OF AUTHORITY: TBD (for example, $1,000 for direct materials purchase orders, higher with appropriate approvals)
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
• OR Associate’s Degree and two years of experience
• OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Some MRP experience preferred
§ Lean experience preferred
§ Small to medium business ERP system (Net Suite, Microsoft Dynamics, etc) experiences preferred
§ CPIM/CPM certification preferred
• Able to consider large amounts of information quickly and identifies key issues
• Good written and oral communication skills to all levels in an organization
• Have the capability of working with short deadlines in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to function in a matrix organization
• Good project management skills
• Strong knowledge of the MS Office suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access)
Positions available for fiber-optic production lines, specifically fiber and mechanical assembly and integration. Prior experience in fiber-optic manufacturing is a plus.Work site and apply: AC Photonics, Inc., 2701 Northwestern Parkway, Santa Clara, CA 95051
Please e-mail your resume to email@example.com or fax to 408-986-0188.